The TIN number (registered under VAT for goods & services) and Service Tax Registration Number were issued by the state and the Centre, under the VAT and Service Tax regime. But, according to the GST regime, all taxation will get consolidated and taxpayers have to register under one single authority.
All the taxpayers who register under GST will receive a GSTIN (Goods and Service Tax Identification Number). GSTIN is a 15 digit number (first two digits are the state code, next ten digits will be PAN number, 13th digit will be assigned based on the registration within a state, 14th digit is Z by default, and the last digit is the check code).
How to apply?
1. Log on to the GST portal www.gst.gov.in.
2. Go to ‘Register Now’ and fill Part A of the application with your name, e-mail ID and mobile number.
3. All the details will be verified by the portal by sending an OTP to your mobile and email.
4. Once the verification is complete, you will receive an ARN (Application Reference Number) on your mobile phone or via email.
5. You can now go ahead and fill part B of the application using this ARN.
Some required documents:
- Passport size photographs
- Constitution of the taxpayer
- Proof of business establishment
- Bank account details
- Authorization form
6. Fill the required details and upload all the documents mentioned in the application. Submit your application using DSC or Aadhaar OTP.
Your application will be verified by the GST officer within 3 working days. If it is approved, you will receive your Certificate of Registration (Form GST REG 06), or the officer might ask for more information using form GST REG 03.
These additional details will have to be provided within 7 working days. Once all the details are given, the officer can also reject the application with reasons for the same in Form GST REG 05. If the GST officer is fine with all the provided details, then the application will be processed and you will receive a Certificate of Registration.
If you are looking for quick, unsecured business loans, get in touch with Gromor Finance! We offer loans up to Rs. 10 Lakhs, through a simple online application process!