TAN or Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number is required by a businessman while paying salaries to the employees. It is a 10-digit number which is required by individuals who are responsible to deduct and collect the tax.
Application for TAN can be made online and offline both.
For offline mode: Download application form 49B, this form has to be filled completely and then submitted to any TIN-FC. For online mode: Online application can be done from NSDL website. There is an online facility called “Know Your TAN” given by the Income Tax Department with the help of which a person can check the TAN details using the company’s name or TAN number. The process of TAN verification is easy and simple.
The process of online TAN verification:
In order to verify TAN, you will need to log on to the e-Filing website of the Income Tax Department. After logging in follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Click on the ‘’Services’’ tab and select ‘’Know Your TAN’’ from the dropdown menu
- Choose the deductor type from the categories mentioned below:
- Branch of the Company
- Central or State Government
- Statutory Body/ Local Authorities/ Autonomous Bodies
- Firms/ AOP (Trust)/AOP/ Artificial Judicial Person/ Body Of Individuals (BOI)
- Branch of individual business (sole proprietorship)/ Hindu Undivided Family (Karta)
- Branch of firms/ AOP (Trust)/ AOP/ Artificial Judicial Person/Body Of Individuals (BOI)
- Individual/ Hindu Undivided Family (Karta)
- Now choose your state from the dropdown menu
- You have a choice to search via TAN or Name
- Enter your Name or TAN number, according to your preference
- Mention/enter the Captcha code as it appears on screen
- Then click on ‘’search’’ to generate your results
The page which now appears will contain your TAN details. It will show details like TAN number, the name of deductor, the category of the deductor, PAN number, status, area code, contact details, range code, AO type, AO number, and AO description along with the address.
If you want an unsecured loan, contact us at Gromor Finance. We have a simple and secured online application process! If you are eligible and all your documents are in place, you can get a loan in less than 3 days!