With some basic changes made by every shop owner, increasing the customer base is not difficult. Only thing is the proper application of these changes.
Here are 4 simple things you can do to increase customers and also to build a huge loyal customer database for your shop:
Make an attractive window display
If you are in a location with a good amount of foot traffic, create a window display that will say a lot about the products you have to offer and also of the policies and values you follow. This will be an invitation to every curious passerby to visit your shop and make an impulse purchase.
Design a convenient store layout
Having an effective and attractive store layout is very important to make your customers stay in your shop for a longer time.
- Make sure the shop has proper lighting, display, and colors.
- Arrange the new products first, then little old ones. Do not put expired or stale products in display.
- According to a retail fact, 90% of the customers subconsciously turn to the right when entering a store, therefore prepare the section in a manner it has a proper display of products.
- Another thing to keep in mind is the walking space. It should be designed in a manner it leads customers into your shop.
Train your staff
Customers tend to always remember the experience they have had on visiting your shop/store. Your employees are the ones who represent your shop and create an image in every customer’s mind. Therefore, it becomes important that they deliver good customer service.
This can be achieved by building a good relationship with your employees. Listening to their suggestions, giving incentives and rewards for motivation are some of the ways this can be achieved. Satisfied employees will put more effort on an everyday basis to get the desired results.
Give excellent customer support and service
Treat each customer with respect. Take every suggestion and complaint seriously and take the appropriate action. If the customer is happy, he/she will share the positive experience with at least 2-3 friends and relatives. This will also help in increasing sales.
Some other things you can do:
- Get vinyl printed signboards.
- Keep boards which have discount and sale information, occasionally.
- You can keep a drop box outside your shop for customer feedback.
- You can also have some samples of your new products in a box outside your shop for your customers.
If you are looking for funds to grow your business, get in touch with Gromor Finance! We offer loans up to Rs. 10 Lakhs, without any security, and through a simple online application process!