TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) return is a quarterly statement which has to be submitted to the Income Tax Department of India and is mandatory if you are a deductor. It contains the details of TDS deducted and deposited by you.
Apart from depositing the tax, filing for TDS return is also important. It is a quarterly statement which has to be given to the IT department. For filing the TDS returns, you require:
- PAN card of the deductor and the deductee
- The amount of tax paid to the government
- TDS challan information, etc.
Steps to file TDS returns online:
- Go to the income tax website, https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/ and log in to the TDS Deductor account. User-id will be the TAN of the deductor.
- After logging in to the account, go to the TDS menu and select ‘Upload TDS’.
- Now, select the relevant details from the drop-down menu and click on ‘Validate’
- Upload the TDS statement which can be done in 2 ways, using DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) or through EVC (Electronic Verification Code)
- With DSC, upload the TDS return zip file generated by Saral TDS after FVU validation and attach the digital signature file generated from ITD e-filing DSC management utility.
- If the DSC is not available, then it can be done using EVC. For this, upload the TDS return zip file generated by Saral TDS after FVU validation and click on ‘Click here to e-verify’ and then click ‘Upload’.
- Next, you will get an option to generate a new EVC or use the existing EVC.
- Select the relevant option, enter the EVC received on the registered mobile number and then click on ‘Submit’.
- Once the TDS return is uploaded here, you will see a success message on the screen and a confirmation mail will be sent to your registered email ID.
If you want a small business loan, contact Gromor Finance for an unsecured loan with faster loan disbursal!