What is copyright?
Copyright is a legal right that grants the creator of the business how this can be used by others. It is an exclusive right that is given to produce, publish or sell original products or services.
A copyright notice should contain the word “copyright”, a “c” in a circle (©), the date of publication, and the name of the owner.
Importance of copyright for your small business:
1. Reserved rights because of copyright
Some of the works that can be copyrighted-
- Novels, poems, plays, newspaper articles, etc.
- Movies, musical compositions, and choreography
- Paintings, drawings, photographs, etc.
Copyright does not cover procedures, methods of operation, etc.
2. Work can be copyrighted
Even though the copyright process is not that simple, it is important for your business. You also have to understand if the business products or services can be copyrighted or not.
If you want to register your copyright, you can do that with the copyright office. The entire process will take about 8-9 months.
Steps for registering copyright:
- The application has to be submitted along with the fee with a DD or an IPO.
- Once you have filed the application, a diary number is generated and issued to the applicant. It will take a minimum of 30 days for recording and analyzing any objections against the copyright application made.
- The registration process depends on the registrar. Once everything is cleared from the registrar’s end, the applicant will then receive the copyright and can use all of the rights.
3. How rights are ensured
If there is a copyright dispute, they can be resolved through mutual negotiation. Since there have been advancements in technology, it has led to an increase in infringement. Copyright-dependent businesses are focusing more on expanding the copyright law to recognize and punish.
Looking for an unsecured loan for your business? Contact Gromor Finance for loans at affordable interest rates and quick rate of disbursal!